********** TO DOWNLOAD THE LATEST SURF RECOVERY NEWSLETTER CLICK HERE **********
The Bradford and Airedale Service User Representatives Forum (SURF) gives a voice to you, the service user. We aim to make sure that your opinions, perspectives and unique experiences help to develop drug and alcohol treatment services in the Bradford and Airedale District.
SURF encourages partnership between service users, staff and commissioners. SURF will promote education, training and employment for all service users in the District.
- Is made up of representatives from drug and alcohol agencies in the Bradford and Airedale District
- Meets monthly
- Sits on strategic meetings to represent YOUR views
- Is run by service users and ex-service users
- Gives YOU a voice in your agency
- Gives YOU a voice in District decisions.
The service user representative’s forum (SURF) is a group of around twelve service user reps from agencies across the District. Each month they meet to discuss any issues that have come up in the agencies they represent. They also discuss District wide decisions that affect service users.
SURF members go to meetings where commissioners (people who make decisions about funding services) and managers plan how to make services better. They consult with service users so that their views can help shape plans for the future.
If you have views or feedback you wish to share ask for details of your SURF rep in your agency.
Service user involvement could give you:
- Opportunities to develop your skills
- Accredited training courses
- Greater self esteem
- New friends
- The chance to see your ideas put into practice
- The opportunity to have an impact on how drug and alcohol treatment is delivered in the Bradford District.